Friday, August 28, 2009

Inspiring illustrators

Woke up to temperatures below 70 degrees for the first time in months, and it was wonderful. I know we've got at least another month of afternoons in the 90's, but I can sense the cool at the end of the tunnel.

I'm in the middle of a website overhaul, which will hopefully be done beginning of next week; but I thought I'd share some of my favorite illustrators that I've discovered or remembered in my looking back through my bookmarks to see how everyone presents themselves.
Yanni Kim: this one's new to me, but I love her drawing style and use of mixed media
Carson Ellis: a favorite of mine for years, and I'm happy to see her big web update (lots of good, new stuff and a clean look)
Chun Eunsil: this illustrator's children's book art is amazing and there's so much of it; beautiful watercolor and detail and whimsy
Taeeun Yoo: her woodcuts tell stories so perfectly

No comments: