Monday, November 28, 2011

My cat's nemesis

IMG_3553 nemesiscat You may think my cat looks like the tough one, all pirate-eyed in the morning light; but, in fact, this black and white, ink-lipped kitty has got several pounds on her and a lot more territorial prowess. In the past month, I've had to break up several fights/chases, always with B&W chasing my Lena. The 'bad kitty's markings are great, though, and more fun to paint than all-black. Don't tell Lena! IMG_3546 My cat is the bossy one inside the house, regardless of size. Poor 80-lb Lloyd!

3 comments:

Michaele Razi said...

Awww...At least kitty can get her confidence up when she bosses big dog around. Love how Lloyd is avoiding eye contact. Cute illo too!

Amy Farrier said...

Yes, avoiding eye contact is the best way for Lloyd to not have her pounce on him. Thanks!

Sheena said...

Awww! Poor Lloyd is adorable! (But so is the pirate cat) Thanks for your comment on my blog, "schematic" is a nice word I'll be using about that drawing from now on :-) I really love your sketchbooks and watercolours too!