Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Today's inspiration

IMG_0362
Okay, I'm still geeking out about the hipstamatic app on my phone; it makes everything look intriguing. This was some sort of people-powered wheeled vehicle/sculpture on the grounds of G'Raj Majal Cafe. As for the cafe, the food was tasty, and there was a huge gray cat that came and laid down on my foot for a while. So sweet.

On a children's book note, 7-Imp has some great page-spreads of Emma Chichester Clark's new version of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Her work reminds me a little of Melissa Sweet (who I was lucky enough to have give me my first portfolio critique and who was very encouraging). They both have such charmingly drawn characters, esp. their bears and children, and they both pay attention to the details, like the printed pattern on a pair of pants. Not to mention that they are both extremely talented and prolific!

2 comments:

tanjawilmot said...

thanks for those great links amy - love the fabric details in the Goldilocks book. You might also like Dorry Spikes, her illustrations remind me of Melissa Sweet. Let me know what you think. happy hipstamatic-ing...

Amy Farrier said...

Wow! How did I not know about Dorry Spikes? I just checked out her site, and I'm a little in love with her work: charming, unique, with a total mastery of watercolor. Thanks!